Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Interveiw with Jessica Greyson

Today we have my favorite author, Jessica Greyson!!!!

Hello Jessica and welcome to Future Homeschool Authors!

Hello thank you so much for having me here!

First could you tell us a bit about yourself? 
I am the middle child in a family of three and was homeschooled all of my life. Reading and telling stories have always been a part of my life, they just actually make to paper now—most of the time. I love many things and enjoy creativity in many fields that include writing, graphic design and sewing.

What is your favorite book? 
Hope Sprang Up. A yet unpublished work by Elizabeth Ender.

Who's your favorite Author?
That would be Elizabeth Ender. She is a brilliant author, who manages to use words in to create worlds in ways that I’ve never dreamed and I really hope the world gets to see more of her work soon. Currently she has a short story out called Ransomed, it’s beautiful!

If you could meet one person who would it be? 
Oh, such a difficult question. There are so many people that I admire and love that I would love to meet. In current times, it would probably be one of my online blogging friends, but which one I am not sure! They are all so dear to me. However if I could travel back in history, I would want to meet the Marquis de Lafayette. He was one incredible man that most of history seems to have forgotten.

Can you tell us anything about the book you’re working on right now?
Becoming Hannah, is different than any other book I’ve written. I’ve really had to reach out of my comfort zone with this story, it being a little more along the lines of a boy meets girl and this is their love story, instead of action and adventure. To be honest, I almost skipped writing this book, but the two books I am working on, didn’t seem complete without it. Becoming Hannah also has a very different flavor from the other two books in the series so...it will be really interesting to see how it all plays out.

What was the best part of writing Captive of Raven Castle?
The characters were really awesome to work with, and made this book really fun to write. Though I tend to not put a heavy Christian emphasis in my books, I like to thread Christian themes throughout and the thread that this story chose is one of my very favorites.

How did you begin writing? 
About age 12 I asked God what He wanted me to do with my life. I wanted to be a wife and a mother, but in the years leading up to that time, and even during the years of raising little ones, I wanted something to keep my busy. He asked me to be His Ready Writer.  I told stories to myself, all the time, but I never considered writing them down. I hated writing. So it was a huge flip for me and I am so glad I did! I love writing now.

What inspired you to begin writing?  
Stories just started flowing for me. What pushed me to have the courage to finally publishing was the realization that there is really a lack of good books for girls with strong heroines in them. So thus Annabeth’s War, and Captive of Raven Castle came about.

What is your favorite genre? 
Historical fiction, no doubt about that.

Do you do any research for you books? If you do what are your main sources? 
I do very little research since I write something more along the lines of Historical Fantasy—but it’s really neither history nor fantasy. I take my love for history and just make up my own worlds, using different elements from historical time periods, which I do try to keep somewhat accurate and true to that time. One reader caught my character prancing about in French heels in the 12th century, they were replaced with slippers.

What do you like most about writing? 
I love the first manuscript the best. The moment of inspiration in all of its flawed flawlessness of creation. I love it when my characters really get to talking, even if it is hard to contain them.

Any final thoughts? 
Thank you so much for your questions and I wish you the best  with your writing, and all of your beautiful ambitions!

Thank you so much for all your time! 
 -Mikayla-

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a kid friendly site, so please keep that in mind while commenting. Also, I aprechaite hearing your thoughts and will reply to your comment as soon as possible.