Friday, March 21, 2014

Book review of Captive of Raven Castle

Today we have a review of Jessica Greyson's "Captive of Raven Castle! It was written by Michaela over at http://steppingtowardtheson.blogspot.com/ 

19245634

About the Book:
The troubled people of war-torn Chambria are on the brink of starvation, and a delicate princess with a recurring nightmare is their only hope. Alexandra knows that her value to her country consists mainly in her ability to marry well, but when she is kidnapped by the rebels and taken to meet the man claiming to be both Chambria’s true king and her real father, her entire world falls apart. Will Princess Alexandra be able to untangle the web of lies and discern who is the true king and her father?

My Thoughts:
When I heard that Jessica Greyson was coming out with a new book, I was absolutely ecstatic. I had loved her first book Annabeth's War, and was thrilled that she was coming out with a new book. So, I had super high expectations going into this book, and honestly, I wasn't let down a bit. In the beginning of the book, the main character, Cassandra/Alexandra was a bit of a snob, and I didn't like her a bit. However, as the story progressed, she grew on me, and by the end of the book, I admired her.

Like her other book Annabeth's War, this was an adventure story, and I really enjoyed the high- energy of this book. It had me captivated from start to finish, and I loved the way the story progressed. Jessica Greyson's working of the characters was wonderful. She made me love the good characters and hate the bad (Like anyone could like Archibald. Seriously. He was horrible). The story is not necessarily romance, but there are some romantic scenes in this book.

I really appreciate that there is no kissing or intimate romantic scenes. It makes me respect the characters and especially the authoress. There was a satisfying ending to the story which closed it up in such a wonderful way.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book, and am looking forward to read any more of Jessica Greyson's books. I'd recommend this book to those ages 13 and up.

Thank you Michaela for the reveiw!
-Mikayla-

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a kid friendly site, so please keep that in mind while commenting. Also, I aprechaite hearing your thoughts and will reply to your comment as soon as possible.