Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Heart of Arcrea

The Heart of Arcrea


Hoping to free his father from an unjust imprisonment, Druet the blacksmith sets out on a quest that will solve an ancient riddle and crown a man as Arcrea’s first king. A host of memorable characters join Druet on his mission of justice, but opposition quickly rises to test their level of commitment and their faith in God. Will the dangerous wilds of Arcrea and her seven oppressive lords succeed in bringing an end to Druet’s quest and crush forever the kingdom’s hopes for a just king?


         First off, I must say that I loved this book. Absolutely, you should read it- if, and only if you like good books; if not, then this is not the book for you. It is a fantasy story and full of fantastical creatures. With twists and turns at every corner, this story leaves you asking yourself, "What is going to happen next?" 

        This is the second time I am reading this book, and it is just as good the second time. I love the fact that God and His truths are the foundation for this story. Another thing that I love is that when I read a Christian fiction book in which the protagonist is a Christian, many times the author mentions that the character prayed, for example: "She kneeled down and prayed, begging God to show her the way..." However, I loved that in this book, Druet's prayers and supplications to the Almighty Lord were actually penned; rather that just saying that he prayed.

        I just love that God is the focal point of this story; it makes it really special and unique. Druet is the perfect character. He has just enough trouble with his sin nature to make you relate to him; while he would still be described as being definitely, definitely, a Godly person. He goes to God for everything; and I love that He is so humble. I love all the good characters and do not at all like the bad characters. Such a wonderful, captivating book! 


      What I don't care for as much is that it is taking from a guy's perspective. I personally prefer stories from a girl's perspective; however, this is not an issue in this book at all. I somehow didn't really mind it actually. 


       This is such an amazing book, which I highly recommend. You need to read this! It is appropriate for ages 8 and up, because there are some fighting scenes. It is not graphic really, but would be more suitable for those ages already mentioned. This is the first in a trilogy, which hopefully I will be able to finish reading soon! 

May his blessings be upon you all in your writing (and reading!). 

Love,
Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a kid friendly site, so please keep that in mind while commenting. Also, I aprechaite hearing your thoughts and will reply to your comment as soon as possible.